Admission into the program is based on the initial interview with the director as well as the applicant’s ongoing ability to participate in a group setting. The following considerations are used when evaluating whether an applicant is capable of participation.
- Medical Stability – Although a participant may be frail with some physical problems, they must be medically stable
- Ability to ambulate independently without assistive devices and without potential danger to self or others
- Ability to perform daily living activities independently including eating and toileting
- Ability to interact and socialize with others
- Ability to exhibit acceptable behavior in a group setting
The following would be rationale for excluding an applicant from the program:
- Disruptive or combative behavior
- Communicable Disease
- Need for continual one on one supervision
- Serious elopement risk
- Balance and ambulatory problems
For the Adult Participant with Early to mid-stage Alzheimer’s Disease or Dementia:
This program provides a safe, loving environment for the well-being of each participant. A variety of activities are designed to socially, creatively, intellectually, physically and spiritually stimulate the participants’ bodies and minds. Examples of some of these activities include group singing, arts and crafts, community service projects, reminiscing, exercise, games, puzzles, and socialization activities.
For the Caregiver:
This program provides respite (an interval of rest or relief) for the caregiver. It supports the efforts of the family to keep the loved one in the home. This program can also provide information regarding available community care and resources, Alzheimer’s information and caregiver education.
Hours, Days of Operation
Golden Corner Respite Care Program operates weekly on Thursday afternoons, 1-4 PM. Advanced notification of closing on holidays or other times is communicated to participants and caregivers in advance.
What we do
Mind and Body
Chair exercise and movement
Smiles, Laughs, and love
Arts and crafts